There is no shortage of things to see and do in Las Vegas, thats for sure and we have put together three of the more interesting activities and day trips that you can pre book before you get to Las Vegas….
Ultimate Hoover Dam tour
- Travel into the walls of Black Canyon to see the Nevada Powerwing, generators and a 30-foot-diameter pipe inside one of the four diversion tunnels
- Government’s Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour – See the history of Hoover Dam, view the exhibits which explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity
- A Walk on the Top – Fully guided comprehensive 45-minute walking tour over the top of the dam
- Scenic Lake Mead Overlook – Snap some beautiful photographs of Lake Mead
- Lunch – Early afternoon lunch on the way back to Las Vegas
- Chocolate Factory – Short but sweet stop at Ethel M’s Chocolate Factory
- Vegas Trivia – Learn about Howard Hughes, the mafia and Las Vegas on the ride back
Click for more details & to book the Ultimate Hoover Dam tour
El Dorado Canyon and Gold Mine Trip
This is an unforgettable day trip from Las Vegas. Ride into extreme mountain terrain, surrounded by cactus forest and with towering, multicoloured rock formations as a backdrop.
On the tour you’ll be driving a late-model, ATV which is fully automatic and a breeze to ride. After a safety and operations orientation, beginners and experienced riders alike will be ready to hit the trail with a professional guide.
You’ll also take a stroll into the pages of history with a walking tour of the Techatticcup mine. Venturing deep into this gold mine, which is rumoured to be haunted, you’ll visit three deep shafts and learn how the miners laboured feverishly on their quest for gold.
Your meal stop in the Old West Town will take you back in time, at the foundations of one of the original 19th-century mining camps. Enjoy a picnic lunch under the covered pavilion.
Click for more details & to book the El Dorado Canyon and Gold Mine Trip
Black Canyon River Rafting Tour
No rapids or white water rafting on this tour. These large, comfortable rafts have multiple air chambers and are outfitted with all the Coast Guard required and recommended safety equipment.
Simply sit back and enjoy Ctrl-Cthe calm waters, wildlife and magnificent scenery of the the Black Canyon cliffs on this unique rafting trip on the Colorado River. The raft sets off at the base of the Hoover Dam and offers a view of the dam that few people have the chance to see.
The high walls of the Black Canyon provide an unforgettable experience so don’t forget to bring your camera. The raft stops along the shore to give you a chance to swim or paddle in the cool clear waters. Enjoy the lunch box provider at one of these stops.
Your trip ends on the Arizona side of the river at Willow Beach, where you will have the chance to shop for distinctive souvenirs to remind you of your trip before returning to your Las Vegas hotel.
Click for more details & to book the Black Canyon River Rafting Tour